Hi everyone. Hope you are all rested after the weekend and ready to face the new week.
I wish I could say I was. I was working all Sunday and that kept me up till about 3 am. last night. But by 7 A. M I was already up and about. So although I’m not really rested, at least I got a head start into the work week 🙂
Thanks for all the reassuring comments on my last post. I usually try to shy away from more “negative” posts, but sometimes you just need to get it all out. And I don’t want to apologize for it, because after all we’re all human, we have all our up and down days, and I don’t want to give off the impression I’m any different. Recovery and life in general is a roller coaster ride, and anyone who pretends it’s peachy all the time isn’t being 100% honest. Anyhow, thank you for still sticking around and bearing with me, you’re all the best.
And the rules are:
a) Link back to those who nominated me
b) Tell you 7 things about me
c) Nominate a bunch of other great bloggers
1) I love kids. Since I come from a massive family (I have six younger brothers and sisters) I grew up around kids – taking care of them, feeding them, coming up with activities for them. But inspite or because of that (depending on how you look at it) , I still really enjoy children. There’s just something magical about their innocence and positive outlook on life that makes it so refreshing to be around them.
2) I love cheese! Sounds weird, because before it used to be a major fear food of mine , but deep inside my heart I’ve always loved it. Since discovering I’m lactose intolerant I’ve had to limit my intake somewhat – but I still indulge dispite the ensuring pain. It’s totally worth it ;P. Among my favorites are goat cheese, feta, mozzarella and camembert.
3) I’ve always wanted to visit Africa. I don’t know why, but from the time I was 6 years old I’ve wanted to travel there on a humanitarian aid project. At first I thought it was just a faze I was going through, but here I am still wanting to go. I will get to Africa someday. I’m sure of it 🙂
4) One of the things on my bucket list is running a marathon. I don’t know how, when or why, but it’s definitely something I want to do.
5) I am terrified of cockroaches. I’m quite the “tom boy” when it comes to killing bugs and insects – I’m not scarred of mice, spiders, bees and most other creatures. But cockroaches (particularly the 5 cm flying ones they had in the Philippines) bring out the squeely girl in me. I am litterally frozen in fear when I see one and I can’t come near them for the world of me.
6) I’m not much of a flower girl (chocolates for me please :P) but I love tiger lilies. They actually don’t smell that nice, and wilt in a few days, but they are still my most favorite flower. There’s just something about their uniquness that appeals to me.
7) My idea of a perfect day is …. watching the sun rise by the beach while drinking coffee, an early morning jog, a buffet breakfast with loads of fresh fruit, a day relaxing and sun tanning at the beach, a light picnic lunch, an early afternoon nap, a gellato ice-cream snack, sightseeing, a sea food dinner eaten out in the fresh air with friends followed by a glass of white wine, and a night on the town dancing away (with a few summer cocktails thrown in ;)).
And I nominate:
Share something on your bucket list.
Flowers or chocolates?