1. You have a larger variety/ better ingredients to work with. The frigde is (usually) stocked and so is the spice cupboard. A stark contrast to the usual state of my dorm fridge.
Leftover fun -brown rice, chickpeas, spinach, hummus and nooch. Simple, but amazing
3. Most meals can be eaten sitting down at a table as opposed to on the go, in between classes in crouded hallways or smuggled in the back of a lecture hall.
4. Cooking becomes much more fulfilling at the end of the meal you hear the words “That was delicious. Can I have some more?”
Hummus/ egg and veggie san
6. You get to “convert” others to some of your favorites.
So ugly, yet so delicious. Overnight oats with kefir, banana, and strawberries. My family had a variation of this (they had theirs with milk) and loved it as well 🙂
7. You are re-united with your trusty kitchen appliences.
8. More freedom to experiment and try new things.
I finnaly tried oatbran (minus the oats). I was worried I wouldn’t like it, but I LOVED it. Topped with cottage cheese , salted peanuts and cereal ( wasn’t a fan of the cottage cheese though – don’t do it :P)
9. Healthy, balanced eating becomes less of a challange.
10. Food eaten surrounded by people you love always tastes 100 x better.
Do you prefer dorm or home cooking? What makes food at home taste better to you?