Hey everybody! Hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far.
I for one, am having a great one! Yesterday was a bit rough (more on that in an upcoming post) but today has been almost perfect so far. We’re having a rare day of good weather, and seeing the sun for the first time this week automatically puts me in a good mood.
I enjoy the weekends so much more since I’ve been here (away from home) and working. The contrast between a work week and the weekend just makes it that much more special. Needless to say in the 2 months I’ve been here I’ve developed a few traditions. I’m sure these will change when I get to uni in 2 weeks, but for now here are a few things that make me look forward to the weekend.
- French toast or pancake breakfasts. I have this tradition that oats are reserved for the work week, while on the weekends I try something different. Usually it’s either French toast or pancakes – but I think this week I’ll do both 😉
- Breakfast in bed – usually on one of the weekend days I’ll treat myself to a breakfast in bed – with a side of blog reading in the mornings. It makes me feel so lazy and decadent – I love it!
- Morning work-outs. Truth be told my best workouts happen in the morning – after breakfast of course. This isn’t possible during the week, but weekends allow me to make this happen.
- Yoga – I try to do yoga at least once on the weekends.
- Snacking – I tend to snack a bunch more on the weekends – maybe I have too much time on my hands . The current cuplrite is my newly made peach/almond/apricot granola.
There were twice as many almonds before the picture was taken – I love picking them out.
- A walk in the woods. I never have time for this during the week, but once the weekend rolls around I love taking long, leisurely strolls through the woods. I just feel so peaceful and “one with nature” there. Not only that, but I’ve often seen forest animals such as deer’s, squirrels and woodpeckers. I even heard a wild boar once (thankfully I didn’t actually SEE it). Today’s walk was absolutely perfect, and it was probably the last time I’ll be able to do it, so I made sure to really enjoy it
- Big room organizations. I pick one weekend day to be a chill-out day, and the other I dedicate to doing all the little things I don’t get to do during the week – organizing my cupboards, dusting my shelves etc.
- Baking! The weekend is a great time to do some lesurely baking. Sometimes I bake snacks for myself (banana oat protein bars) that a freeze and eat as snacks during the course of the week, or I bake for others. Whatever the case, it’s always something I look forward to.
- Movie night! One of the weekend nights my friends and I get together for movie night. Our latest project was the Harry Potter series (yes I JUST saw them now) and I quite enjoyed that 🙂
Now over to you :
Do you have any weekend traditions?
Do you ever eat breakfast in bed?