Today is not only WIAW
It’s also the day you get to find out some random facts about me. So ready or not, here they come.
Breakfast – banana oatmeal/oatbran topped with almond butter
1. I’m not really a fan of oatbran. I see it on a bunch of blogs and it always looks amazing, but whenever I try it I’m kinda dissapointed – just not my thing I guess.
2. I never eat hot oatmeal, it’s always warm (that’s why I was highly annoyed when I heated this up too much in the microwave – I burned my tongue so bad I missed out on most of the flavour)
Unpictured snack (only unpictured cuz my camera batteries died on me) – a bowl of watermellon and crackers with swiss cheese -yes I’m lactose intolerant and I paid for this indulgence – but it was so good
3. Even though I’m lactose intolerant I can usually handle about 1 serving a day. Usually yogurt is my “exception of choice” but it varies from time to time.
Lunch – Brown rice, kidney beans and veggies
4. I only but real thought into 2 of my meals a day – usually breakfast and dinner. Lunch and snacks are go with the flow or grab whatever is the first thing around. Easiest lunch ever – throw a veggie, protein and grain together and hope it tastes ok. Usually it does, but even if it doesn’t 99% of the time I end up eating it anyway. And 99% of the time I add a fruit in the end.
Post lunch fruit – a big juicy peach
5. Whenever I’m really hungry I end up “tasting” a bunch of things before I decide what I want for snack. Usually the first victim is yogurt – don’t ask. I have about 2 -3 tsp worth every day before some meal or another
Afternoon snack: A small apple, homemade protein oat banana bar and a bit of yogurt
6. I’m very picky about my apples. I need the crisp, crunchy and sweet. I can’t stand sour or mushy apples – bleh!
Dinner- Some random soy/veggie “burger”, a slice of rye bread, mustard tomatoes and pickles, green beans sauted with soya sauce (my new veggie love)
7. I hate eating meals alone. If there’s no one around to eat with I usually end up eating dinner reading blogs or watching tv shows online. If the weather is nice I’ll occasionally enjoy my meals outside.
8. I ALWAYS forget something when I sit down to eat. Almost every meal I get up at least once for water, more veggies, a condiment etc. Today’s victim was an extra pickle.
Dessert – Carrots ‘n’ cake 3 minute microwave oatmeal cookie with sliced in banana, topped with creamy, dreamy almond butter.
9. I have NO sweet tooth. Whenever I bake for other people I always make it WAY to sweet by my standards, but it’ll be perfect acording to them.
10. I’ve gotten into eating something sweet after dinner again, I’m not sure if it’s a habit or something I actually NEED to do to be full, but I’m enjoying it all the same. Yeasterday I had a big dessert AND a night snack (cuz I’m cool like that).
11. Raw almond butter is AMAZING. There’s no way to describe the flavour, but I am falling madly in love with in (unlike peanut butter which I can ONLY eat with banana’s)
Happy WIAW everyone!
Oatmeal or oatbran – or neither?
A nut butter you are “madly in love with”?