- Sometimes you need a break to truly appreciate things you love. I haven’t seen my family in over two months now, and as much as I have a hard time admitting it to myself – I really miss them. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I’m actually looking forward to seeing them in a week.
Also, warm banana oatmeal and I have been on a “break” for a while – but I don’t think they’ve ever tasted this good 😛
- Sometimes you need to spoil yourself and live a little. The other day I had a random morning chocolate craving, so I cut up some of my 80% chocolate and stuck them with my banana oats in the microwave for a few minutes. It was heaven in a bowl I tell you.
- Don’t be afraid to be unconventional, if doing something “weird” makes you happy – go for it. I’ve been eating my oats with a fork these past few days, and enjoying it SO much more.
- The only way to celebrate the beginning of autumn is to be outside as much as possible. I went to meet a friend in town the other day, and spent 4 hours just walking around and enjoying the sunshine – it was one of my most enjoyable days this week.
- Don’t pack egg sandwiches – ever! Not unless you want your bag smelling like eggs after only an hour. I was shopping and when I opened my bag to get my wallet the whole area around me started smelling like boiled eggs. People actually turned around to see what the smell was – not cool.
- Health food shopping is incredibly fun, but only if you have a bunch of money to blow. Seriously, I was in heaven in this shop, but I couldn’t buy a 10th of the things I wanted.
- The things that are really worth something cost something. I’ve been debating buying almond butter for a while now, but always held back because of the price tag . Well the other day I took the plunge and did it. I’ve never actually “bought” nut butter before, I always make my own. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I decided to go for it anyways. It made a debut at this morning’s breakfast and boy it was worth every penny
And since it is the weekend there was only one thing I was considering for breakfast – pancakes!
Almond butter and banana> yogurt and honey any day.
Ok enough randomness from me, time to look at how I did with accomplishing last month’s goals.
- Eat more healthy fats. (I did OK on this. I’ve been adding more fats, but probably still not enough. But with this new almond butter I have there should be no problems at all.)
- Put more into my blog. (Meh, didn’t do so great on this one, I guess we can’t win em’ all.)
- Start some kind of exercise training plan – either strength or running (DONE – I now do a combination of both and sort of go with the flow of what I feel like doing. And I’m lovin’ it!)
- Relax and enjoy life more. (I did pretty good with this, although I’m still finding a balance between work/relaxing, I’m definitely on the right track.)
- Focus more on enjoyment when eating, rather than just the nutritional value of foods. And splurge a little – challenge those remaining ED thoughts. (Definitely been doing a lot of that lately – and it feels good)
Share something new you all learned this past week.