Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that we are already a few days in – but better late than never right.
The picture below might seem like just an ordinary (bad) picture of my French toast. Why would I put it on my blog, you might ask. Well for one I couldn’t get a better one because a) I was starving, b) I had a naughty little intruder sniffing around my plate. But I kept the picture because it’s proof, proof that I accomplished my first challenge of the month.
A blueberry, cream cheese french toast and a peanut butter, “melted” banana one. If you’ve never tried this before I highly recomend you do. Just put the peanut butter on the french toast, slice up some banana’s and stick it on the pan for a few minutes – pure bliss I tell you
These French toast have been fried with butter. Butter is one of my last remaining fear foods and I challenged it on a whim. I figured, why not? What’s scarier about butter then oil? Absolutely nothing, all it was were my old ED hang-ups.
This inspired some further goals for the month, and here they are:
- Eat more healthy fats. I’ve been doing better in the protein department, but since I can no longer make my own nut butters (my darling blender is sorely missed) I’ve let the healthy fats part of my diet slide somewhat. But no longer – there are plenty of tasty sources of healthy fats out there (nuts, olive oil, store bought peanut butter) that I should be eating more of.
- Put more into my blog. I love blogging, and my blog has been one of my main hobbies for a long time. I’ve kind of been letting it go recently, but I want to focus more on insightful, meaningful posts.
- Start some kind of exercise training plan – either strength or running (I still haven’t decided).
- Relax and enjoy life more. Recently I’ve been so caught up in all the things I have to do, I forget about the things that I actually want to do. Time to live a little!
- Focus more on enjoyment when eating, rather than just the nutritional value of foods. And splurge a little – challenge those remaining ED thoughts and get rid of them.
And to end this on a happy, colorful note – here’s a picture of my delicious snack the other day, and the naughty intruder to kept trying to taste it (and my breakfast as well) .
She’s a kitten that wandered in a few days ago, and my friends decided to keep her. We don’t have a name for her yet, aside from “kitty”, but she’s fun to have around.
A question for you all – do you prefer strength training or cardio and why? (I’m trying to make a list of pro’s and con’s here)
Do you have any goals for the new month?