Today was a special day 🙂
It wasn’t all good mind you. I’m actually having a really bad body image day. These happen from time to time, days where I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror, days I just want to sit alone and cry, days where I just feel disguisting. But I know that the best way to counter negativity is with positivity (kinda obvious I know :P) and so aside from following some of these tips I wanted to do an extra positive post about today.
So without further ado – ten things that made me happy today.
1. Banana oat bran Carrie style, but cooked stove top. I always bemoaned the fact that I didn’t have a microwave, but this worked just as well. The secret is to cover the pot while you’re cooking the bran and keep stirring (watch for overflow as well). Oh, and it’s always a bit liquidy to start, but it gets really THICK once you cool it off – yum, yum)
2. Spending the day with this little rascal.
4. Going to the farmers market, picking up some organic strawberries and sharing them (because the best things in life are shared).
5. Drinking unhealthy amounts of pretty looking iced coffee 🙂
6. Painting my nails for the first time in far too long.
7. Reading a good book.
8. Eating chocolate (70% dark with orange rind – amazing stuff people!)
9. Reading all your comments on my last post.
10. Pressing the publish button and going to bed because I have a busy day tomorrow.
What made you happy today?