I have a secret confession to make (but we’ll get to that)…
First I want to thank all the people that replied on my last post. It seems like bean/grain/veggie bowls are one of the most popular quick vegan meals out there – but I loved the idea of freezing veggie burgers – it was a great one!
To be honest I felt nervous clicking the publish button of the last post. I always felt that the vegan community was sort of an elite and well (I’m ashamed about feeling this way) “closed circle”. I was afraid that the vegans readers reading that post would be thinking “Tsh – what a wannabe! If she’s not going to be vegan all the way she might as well not even bother with anything.” or something along those lines. I was blown away by the positive and helpful comments – both from vegans and non-vegans alike. Turns out you don’t have to engage in the lifestyle 100% to still be accepted and supported. And as much as I feel bad about my earlier misconceptions – I’m happy to have that all cleared up and know that it’s ok to engage in whatever lifestyle is best suited for you and that people will respect and support you for it. So that’s my little confession (hope none of my vegan readers are offended – I’m sorry you guys! you’re the best!).
I had a somewhat emotionally draining day, so I’m not feeling too creative at the moment. But I’ve seen the 23 random questions quiz floating around the blog world recently, and thought it might be fun to fill it out. So here goes….
23 random question survey.
1. What is your best friend’s Mom’s name?
I don’t have “one” best friend so I can’t really answer that question.
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole?
Hmm on my butt (sorry if that’s TMI)
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had?
Never had a hot teacher. Too bad though because it would have made going to school way more interesting.
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater?
Yup. Felt very cliche doing it though.
5. What body part do you wash first?
Usually my arms.
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms?
Always. Or I somehow manage to angle my pants so I end up sitting on them and still aiming for the toilet bowl (don’t ask – I’m talented).
7. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can come up with the most foolish, embarrassingly corney dances to any random song you play for me. It’s great fun!
8. Do you have an innie or an outtie?
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block?
I’m still getting my drivers license so…..
10. Which shoe do you put on first?
Not a clue. Probably right.
11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting?
12. If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash?
Bed sheets – I’m crazy meticulous about the cleanliness of my towel.
13. What was your childhood nickname?
Eliza (and in Eliza Doolittle – from “My fair Lady”)
14. When is the last time you played the air guitar?
Not musically talented that way (or any way for that matter)
15. Have you ever bitten your toenails?
Ewwww – no
16. How do you eat your cookie?
I nibble at it slowly or dunk it bit by bit in my coffee till it gets soggy and eat the soggy bits.
17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt?
18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others.
Wax or shave. I really don’t get girls who feel comfortable engaging in private grooming rituals in front of others. It just seems weird to me.
19. How often do you clean out your ears?
Everyday – although I really don’t have to. I just like the feeling of cleaning out my ears – don’t ask 😛
20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper?
Fold and scrunch.
21. Do you have any strange phobias?
Drowning – although I don’t think that’s so strange. But I am really scared of water that I can’t stand in – my friends tease me about this all the time.
23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on while you’re driving?
Never had this happen to me, but if I was in the middle of a very busy intersection I might.
And to break up the text here are some “vegan challenge” eats!
No. 1 – A buckwheat, lentil bowl with steamed green beans, carrots peas and corn. Quick, easy and filling!
NO. 2 Loads of leftovers! Some more of my polenta casserol thingy topped with avocado with steamed veggies on the side. I don’t mind eating leftovers day after day – as long as it’s something I really enjoy.
(Sorry about the less then nice pics – I’m stuck with a phone camera at the moment so it’s the best I can do.)
I also made a vegan lentil/sunflower seed/brocolli spread but it looks kinda scary and although it tasted good (and I am probably being biast.) it wasn’t amazing. So I’m going to hold on posting pictures and recipe. I had some of that unpictured though.
Today I had an “off day”. I was stressed, sad and busy. Makes for not wanting to put much effort into food. But I’ll make up for it tomorrow by actually eating something interesting.
In the meantime I going to finish my bowl of chocolate oat bran pudding and almonds and call it an evening. Chocolate always makes everything better 😛
Not my picture – but it looks basically like what I was eating :).
Does chocolate always make everything better for you?
Do you feel comfortable doing private grooming rituals in front of others?
What are your feelings about leftovers?